Figs can be eaten dry or fresh. When in season the figs can be eaten fresh but in other seasons one can eat the dried figs. Fresh figs are mainly rich in nutrients. They are relatively low in calories. Some of the facts to know about the dried figs are discussed below.
Benefits to know about the dried figs
Below are some of the important benefits to know about dried figs:
- Fresh figs are rich in nutrients. This is relatively low in calories, which can be a great addition to a healthy diet. Figs mainly contain fiber, which mainly helps in promoting digestive health by softening the stools. This helps in decreasing constipation.
- Figs mainly help in improving blood pressure as well as blood fat levels. This can help in decreasing the risk of heart disease. According to one study fig extracts help in decreasing the blood pressure in rats.
- According to a recent research, the drinks which mainly contain high doses of fig fruit extract have a lower glycemic index (GI) in comparison to the beverages with no fig fruit extract.
- Figs have some beneficial effects on the skin. This is especially true in people having allergic dermatitis or dry, itchy skin as the result of allergies.
- Dried figs are mainly rich in natural sugar as well as carbohydrates. This is mainly a good source of energy. This helps those who are trying to lose weight.
Top facts to know about the dried figs
Choosing dried or fresh figs mainly depends on the person’s preferences, tastes, as well as circumstances. Dried figs mainly contain more sugar, calories, vitamins, dietary fiber, as well as minerals in comparison to fresh figs.
Figs are the complete food source of essential nutrients and have no fat, cholesterol, or sodium. They mainly help someone to meet dietary guidelines. A daily lifestyle mainly focuses on balancing calories, making informed food choices. Being physically active can mainly help someone attain as well as maintain a healthy weight. This can help in reducing the risk of chronic disease.
Figs have different health benefits. In addition to the fruit, fig leaves, as well as fig leaf tea, mainly appear to be beneficial for health. Dried figs mainly help in relieving constipation.
A fig is a nutritious fruit that provides a lot of calcium as well as fiber. These are some of the important facts to know about dried figs.